What You Should Know About This Human Experience
Being human is a dynamic and evolving concept. It encompasses the experience of living in a social and cultural context, which shapes our beliefs, values, and behaviors. This includes our interactions with other people, our family structures, religious and political affiliations, and our understanding of the world around us. Recently I came across an anonymously written “rules for being human that I found interesting and want to share with you.
Rules for Being Human
- You will receive a body. You may like it or hate it, but it will be yours for the entire period this time around.🧑
- You will learn lessons. You are enrolled in a full-time informal school called LIFE. Each day in this school you will have the opportunity to learn lessons. You may like the lessons or think them irrelevant to stupid. 🏫
- There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trial and error experimentation. The “failed” experiments are as much a part of the process as the experiment that ultimately “works.”🎓
- A lesson is repeated until learned. A lesson will be presented to you in various forms until you have learned it. When you have learned it, you can then go on to the next lesson. ✅
- Learning lessons does not end. There is no part of life that does not contain its lessons. If you are alive, there are lessons to be learned. ⏳
Let’s just take a pause here and reflect.
Learning life lessons from your struggles can be a challenge. Dealing with hard times is already challenging enough and learning how to pull valuable lessons from your hard times can make it feel even more difficult.
As you experience hardship and teach yourself to focus on the valuable lessons embedded within them, give yourself some grace and patience.
Sometimes you may not see the important lessons until after the ordeal is finished; other times, you may realize them as the situation unfolds.
Over time, you’ll become more adept at absorbing this valuable information, but until then, be kind to yourself as you learn. Allow yourself some self-compassion.
Rules For Being Human Continued
- “There” is no better than “here.” When you’re “there” has become a “here” you simply obtain another “there” that will, again, look better than “here.”🧘
- Others are merely mirrors of you. You cannot love or hate something about another person unless it reflects you something you love or hate about yourself.👁️
- What you make of your life is up to you. You have all the tools and resources you need. What you do with them is up to you. The choice is yours. 🧭
- Your answers lie inside of you. The answers to life’s questions lie inside you. All you need to do is look, listen, and trust. 💖
- You will forget all of this.😲
~Rules for Being Human was written anonymously
Did you notice which “rules” activated an “aha”, trigger response, or resistance? This is what to recognize as what is currently “alive” for you and how you want to direct that energy so you can grow from it.
Where there any “rules” you had to read over a few times before going to the next? That’s where you cultivate more awareness and understanding so you can integrate a little more of the “lessons”.
However this landed for you, know that the human experience is so wide and varied that there is no real “right” or “wrong” way to live. The key, is that you just keep on living.
Keep embracing your experiences. Continue to grow your capacity for more of life. I like to approach life with curiousity, courage and compassion.
How do you like to approach life? Write it in the comments, I’d love to hear!
Known as, “The Soul Illuminator”, Jennifer Regular specializes in helping Thought Leaders, Creatives and Visionaries direct the life they live so they can create global impact. She is an Inspirational Speaker, Transformational Author, and Visionary of the Wake Up and Change the World Global Summit. Jennifer also hosts the Awaken & Ascend Podcast offering valuable insights and resources for personal and spiritual growth. Subscribe to the podcast here: https://www.youtube.com/@awakenandascend